WIN is Hiring!
WIN is hiring a new intern to manage the WIN Office and assist the Executive Committee with daily operations. This paid internship is a great opportunity to get hands-on experience in all facets of non-profit work -- member services, database management, development, event planning and more! The WINtern is an integral part of WIN's operations and the internship includes countless opportunities to work with and get to know WIN leaders and members!
See below for more details and how to apply -- applications are due by COB July 20.
Paid Fall 2012 WIN Internship
About the Internship: This paid internship begins the week of August 6, with the possibility of continuing through the end of December. It is an opportunity to gain experience doing substantive, staff-level work in member services, technology and social media, event planning, fundraising, database work, and office management. The WIN intern is also encouraged to attend events hosted by WIN and other local organizations and is invited to plan networking and programming opportunities for other WIN members currently interning in Washington.
The WIN intern manages the daily operations of the organization, is often the initial point of contact with membership, and is typically the only person in the WIN office during business hours. This position supports a twelve-member volunteer Board of Directors (known as the WIN Executive Committee), and reports to the Vice Chair.
- Troubleshoots and responds to
incoming questions about membership, dues, the WIN
website, and events in a timely manner.
- Assists the Membership Director with recruitment, outreach, and new member orientation events.
- Updates and maintains the WIN website
- Troubleshoots and collaborates with Technical Director to ensure functionality and efficiency of WIN databases and technology
- Drafts and/or edits organization-wide email blasts
- Actively contributes to WIN’s social media presence
- Works closely with the Events Director to coordinate pre-event logistics
- Assists on-site at WIN events.
- Processes and monitors event registration and donor contributions and provides revenue updates to the Development Director and the Finance Director.
- Assists Development Director in soliciting sponsorships and cultivating sponsor relationships
- Performs general office administration duties, including sorting and routing mail, answering the telephone, and ordering supplies.
- Books conference space and serves as the liaison between WIN and the Building Manager.
- Interest in and commitment to the mission of WIN.
- Upperclassman college students and beyond preferred.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal direct supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, customer service experience, and attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
- Database experience.
- Ability to manage unexpected duties and adapt to shifting priorities while meeting tight deadlines.
- Consistent weekday availability (25 - 30 hours/week) and some evening availability. We are willing to work with your schedule as necessary.
To apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter, including availability and contact information for two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB on July 20. Pay for this internship is commensurate with skills and experience.